Updated: Jun 18
With the patron numbers being limited in venues, it's still pretty difficult to get a booking at your favourite Ballarat restaurant.
With that in mind, chef has shared a great chilli chicken spaghetti recipe that you can have a crack at yourself! We can't guarantee it'll be as good as the real deal here at the Red Lion Hotel, but you can let us know for yourself!
Chilli Chicken Spaghetti at Home
Serves 3-4 people
1 large chicken breast, sliced thinly
4 rashers of streaky bacon, sliced
2 tbs of sambal olek or a similar chilli paste
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
75g salted butter
300g baby spinach
50ml dry white wine
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 packet of spaghetti
1. Boil a large pot of water, when it's at a rolling boil add a large pinch of salt.
2. Add the spaghetti and follow the cooking instructions on the bag.
3. Heat a large pan and add 25g of the butter.
4. When the butter froths add the chicken breast and season. Allow the chicken to seal and colour.
5. Add bacon and onion and cook on a medium heat for four to five minutes.
6. Add garlic, sambal and white wine. Turn the heat up and allow the wine to evaporate.
7. Add spinach, remaining butter and turn the heat down.
8. Drain Spaghetti and add to the pan. Toss together and grate some parmesan over the pasta.
9. Serve with more parmesan.
If you're looking for a taste of the Red from home, you can also order from our take away menu! Find it here: https://redlionhotel.yourorder.io/
Chilli Chicken Spaghetti at The Red Lion Hotel